Hachette Book Group, Inc.
1.617.263.1948 / ian.ehrenwald@hbgusa.com

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.

Re: VMware SRM + NetApp SRA + NetApp WFA? [ In reply to ]
I've been working on this off and on between my regular duties, then delayed by holiday breaks, etc.

Something I haven't been able to figure out is how to programmatically get a Snapmirror relationship's source cluster management address hostname (or even just an IP address). I can easily get the source vserver name, source volume name, and even a pre-constructed combination of the two from what Get-NcSnapmirror returns when run against the destination controller.

In essence, I want to be able to pass to this script three arguments: Current Snapmirror destination cluster mgmt address, current snapmirror destination vserver, and current Snapmirror destination volume. Then do some stuff to extract the rest of the required information out to reverse the relationship and resync, such as current snapmirror source cluster address, current snapmirror source vserver, and current snapmirror source volume. I'm 66% of the way there, it's the current snapmirror source cluster address that I can't see to pull out of anywhere.

I was playing around with Get-NcVserverPeer when run against a Snapmirror destination, but I can't seem to get what I want there.

Any hints from people who have done this before? Thanks so much.

Ian Ehrenwald
Senior Infrastructure Engineer