Mailing List Archive

FreeBSD on NetApp hardware
Hi,

We have some abandoned NetApp 6290 hardware, that was replaced by
FAS8080, and I want to run FreeBSD on it. The original software, OnTap,
is also based on FreeBSD. Somebody once told me that it is simple,
something like "just change the kernel loader address". Does anyone
have more information about this? It would be so cool to run ZFS and
bhyve on them (just for fun, not for production).

Meanwhile, I am going to try netboot FreeBSD/amd64 and see how far I get.

TIA,
--
Bert Kiers, suspected terrorist
Love MS-Windows? Must be Stockholm syndrome.