Mailing List Archive

Franken-Filers: FAS2240-2 to FAS2552, DS4246 to FAS2554
Hi All

At the end of a current migration and controller upgrade project I'll have
some spare FAS2240-2 arrays (with disks) and a spare DS4246 hybrid shelf.
I'll also have a pile of FAS255X controllers. Is there any reason that I
can't just swap the FAS2240 controller modules for the FAS255X modules and
install CDOT on the zeroed disks? What about swapping the IOM6's from the
DS4246 and making a FAS2554?

All this kit is under support and fully licensed but I'm not too concerned
about long-term support. I just want to make use of this gear to run CDOT
9.x in a dev/test lab.

Thanks
Steve