Mailing List Archive

OSSV "systemstate" recover on Windows box
Greetings,

I know how to do a SystemState recover using data backed up by OSSV.
(Windows box)

I want to know how OSSV is accomplishing the recover.

When I do the recover, the OSSV client software says:

"The machine will need restarting to complete the restore of 462
file(s)."

I reboot the machine and "magic" stuff happens.

I want to know:
1. where, on my Windows box, does OSSV store the recovered files
2. what is the "magic" stuff that happens when I reboot the windows box

Is there a document somewhere that explains the details of this process?

thanks

-john miller