Mailing List Archive

Broken file on CIFS Share
Hey there,

I've never seen something like this before, so maybe someone can help me with that.
I do have a file on a CIFS share which can be deleted on a windows client accessing this file, but it immediately reappears after you hit F5 in the explorer window.

On the filer itself (7-mode installation), I can also see this file:

netapp02*> ls "/vol/CIFS_SHARES/some/folder/structure"
.
..
file01.jpg

I've mounted this share on a linux system and there it looks like this:

# ls -l
ls: Access to file01.jpg not possible: File or directory does not exist
total 0
-????????? ? ? ? ? ? file01.jpg

I'm not sure where this is coming from and how to fix that - any ideas?

Running OnTap version is:
NetApp Release 8.2.3P4 7-Mode: Fri May 29 14:06:54 PDT 2015

Best,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstra?e 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601
Re: Broken file on CIFS Share [ In reply to ]
We're having the same behaviour on a number of files, except we are running 8.3.2 c-mode.

We've determined there is a stuck CIFS lock on these files preventing them from being deleted.
We don't know why the lock gets stuck though. It can happen from a variety of clients, and a variety
of versions of Windows.

[...]

E-Mail: [ mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com | AGriesser@anexia-it.com ]

Web: [ http://www.anexia-it.com/ | http://www.anexia-it.com ]

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Windbichler

Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601

AW: Broken file on CIFS Share [ In reply to ]
Thanks Jeff!

That was the missing link, I found one client who had a read lock on this file, I kicked the open session using mmc on our domain controller and I was immediately afterwards able to delete the file.

Web: http://www.anexia-it.com