I only see smb_nt_ms09-001.nasl which looks to be the local check??

Thanks,
-Tim
Re: plugin 35362 [ In reply to ]
On Jan 27, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Tim Rupp wrote:

> Was this plugin (remote check for ms09-001) pulled from the feed? I
> don't see it in my recent update (never saw it to begin with, but it's
> listed at the nessus site)
>
> I only see smb_nt_ms09-001.nasl which looks to be the local check??

No, it's still in the feed -- plugin #35362. Look for "Microsoft
Windows SMB Vulnerabilities Remote Code Execution (958687) - Network
check" in the "Windows" family. It does not, though, run under Nessus
2.x.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com

Re: plugin 35362 [ In reply to ]
ok, I see it in the client, but I don't see any actual file with those
words in it on disk, or a nasl script with that Id in it, and I have the
most recent plugins. Is it a binary file? What's the name of the nasl
script?

-Tim

Re: plugin 35362 [ In reply to ]
On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Tim Rupp wrote:

> ok, I see it in the client, but I don't see any actual file with those
> words in it on disk, or a nasl script with that Id in it, and I have
> the
> most recent plugins. Is it a binary file? What's the name of the nasl
> script?

It's an nbin - smb_kb958687.nbin.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com

Re: plugin 35362 [ In reply to ]
George A. Theall wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Tim Rupp wrote:
>
>> ok, I see it in the client, but I don't see any actual file with those
>> words in it on disk, or a nasl script with that Id in it, and I have
>> the
>> most recent plugins. Is it a binary file? What's the name of the nasl
>> script?
>
> It's an nbin - smb_kb958687.nbin.
>
> George

ahh, ok, there it is. That would explain why I wasn't finding it.

Thanks George!
-Tim