"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to
consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family
anatidae on our hands." -- Douglas Adams

Re: Nessus 3.2.1 and FreeBSD 7.1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Saad,

On Jan 7, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Saad Kadhi wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> FreeBSD 7.1 was released on Jan 5th and I would like to know if Nessus
> and particularly version 3.2.1 already supports this OS. If that's not
> the case, when will it be supported?

FreeBSD 7.0 and FreeBSD 7.1 are binary compatible, so the same Nessus
3.2.1 package works on both :)

-- Renaud

Re: Nessus 3.2.1 and FreeBSD 7.1 [ In reply to ]
Saad Kadhi wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> FreeBSD 7.1 was released on Jan 5th and I would like to know if Nessus
> and particularly version 3.2.1 already supports this OS. If that's not
> the case, when will it be supported?

I'm having an issue with Nessus on FreeBSD 7.1. It worked fine before
the upgrade. With tcpdump I can see the packets being sent by the
scanner along with the corresponding responses but all remote hosts
report as dead. Within 3 seconds of starting the scan on a /24 it has
finished.

YMMV,

--Jason