Mailing List Archive

Re: Nessus Plug-In Configuration -- is there a setting other than port scanner range that needs to be configured to setup a full TCP / UDP Scan - update
I just gave the UDP scanner plugin a try and noticed in nessusd.messages

[Mon Jan 5 21:36:01 2009][11939] udp_portscan.nbin depends on
portscanners_stub.nasl which could not be found

Which is odd, as the stub file is in the plugins directory and I ran a
nessusd -R

Maybe why you're not seeing results is that the plugin won't start due
to "missing" dependencies.....?

--
Simon John
nessus at the-jedi.co.uk

RE: Nessus Plug-In Configuration -- is there a setting other than port scanner range that needs to be configured to setup a full TCP / UDP Scan - update [ In reply to ]
Yeah, noticed that -- verified with Tenable that this is one component of the "glitch" in the udp scanner -- latest version seems to have it fixed...UDP scan just seems to take forever to run :=P

-Charles

--
Simon John
nessus at the-jedi.co.uk

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 630-344-1586.