Mailing List Archive

Plugin question - Trendmicro
I don't think this is correct, I checked with Trendmicro and 8.910 is the latest, Can someone look into this for us?

Trend Micro Anti Virus Check

Synopsis :

The remote host has an anti-virus software package installed on it.

Description :

The remote host is running Trend Micro AntiVirus, a commercial anti-
virus software package for Windows.

See also :

http://www.trendmicro.com/

Solution :

Make sure Trend Micro AntiVirus is installed and using the latest VDEFS.

Risk factor :

Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
(CVSS2#AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)

Plugin output :

Nessus has gathered the following information about the installation
of Trend Micro AntiVirus on the remote host :

Trend Micro AntiVirus : 8.0
Engine version : 8910
Virus Def version : 715
Virus database : 20081216

The remote host is using an outdated virus engine - 8911 is current.

As a result, the remote host might be infected by viruses received via
email or some other means.

Nessus ID : 16192<http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=16192>

Eric Sabo

Senior Windows Systems Engineer

Department of Computing Systems

California University of Pennsylvania
RE: Plugin question - Trendmicro [ In reply to ]
Hi Eric,

Could you please tell me the processor architecture of the remote system?
x86 or AMD64?

Based on the following link :

http://www.trendmicro.com/download/engine.asp

It seems TrendMicro releases different sets of OfficeScan scan engine
versions for x86 and AMD64.

I will try to add support for AMD64 systems, as the current NASL only
supports x86 systems.

- Mehul

_____

RE: Plugin question - Trendmicro [ In reply to ]
I can open up a call.

I see that that trendmicro does have a 8.911 but when we go into the console and do a update now on the server it does not pick it up. So I would assume it is not ready for release yet.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

________________________________

RE: Plugin question - Trendmicro [ In reply to ]
> I can open up a call.

What do you mean?

> I see that that trendmicro does have a 8.911 but when we go into the
console and do a update now on the server it does not pick it up. So I
would assume it is not ready for release yet.

You may want to check with TrendMicro and ensure that your updates are
working fine before making any assumptions.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Thanks.

- Mehul

_____

I did work with Trendmicro support (I called in this morning) on this and they are saying 8.911 is NOT released to the general public yet. That is why I want to bring this to nessus attention.