Mailing List Archive

GPO audit w/ Nessus 3
I am currently performing a GPO audit for one of my clients, which calls for
a granular, programmatic audit of a few hundred GPO's. The requirement here
is beyond exporting the settings of each individual GPO or a manual
comparison. Is Nessus capable of doing this? Any thoughts here would be much
appreciated!
Michael Naples
Re: GPO audit w/ Nessus 3 [ In reply to ]
Michael Naples wrote:
> I am currently performing a GPO audit for one of my clients, which calls for
> a granular, programmatic audit of a few hundred GPO's. The requirement here
> is beyond exporting the settings of each individual GPO or a manual
> comparison. Is Nessus capable of doing this? Any thoughts here would be much
> appreciated!

Hi there,

Nessus, when subscribed to the Professional Feed or being managed by the
Security Center, can be used to audit GPO settings against a policy such
as Center for Internet Security, FDCC and others. Tenable also offers
a variety of tools that let you develop your own audit polices based on
your clients gold builds, existing systems and so on.

For more info, you can go here:

http://www.nessus.org/products/professional-feed//

You can also read these blog entries:

http://blog.tenablesecurity.com/2007/09/using-nessus-co.html