Mailing List Archive

Activate plugins from the command line
Hi,

I am new to Nessus and I am using it on a linux box with no X environment.

I have started nessusd successfully and I have been able to perform a
test scan using the following command:

/opt/nessus/bin/nessus -q 127.0.0.1 1241 user password
/tmp/nessus/targets.txt /temp/nessus/nessus.out -T nsr

The scan was done alright and I had a look at the results... However, I
got the following message from the above command:

"*** The plugins that have the ability to crash remote services or hosts
have been disabled. You should activate them if you want your security
audit to be complete".

My question is how do I active those plugins ?

I read somewhere that I had to disable the safe_check option in the
config file.... so I changed safe_check to no in
/opt/nessus/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf and I restarted the server... but
this didn't change a thing.

So what do I have to do to activate all the plugins ?

thanks !

--
François Gagnon Ph.D. Student
Network Management and