I've asked this in the past, but still have not found an answer. Can someone from the Nessus team please respond?

I know the Windows version of Nessus has a plugins.xml file. Is there a way to create this file on the Linux versions? I need this file to update our in house reporting tool. In the past I could just use a windows install to get the file, but with the recent licensing changes I can no longer do this without rolling my license each time I do an update. Another option was using the older Nessus client to generate a .xml report. This report contained all the plugins. However, the new .nessus format does not.

So how can I generate a plugins.xml on my linux install of Nessus?
Re: Plugins.xml [ In reply to ]
Hi Larry,

You can not create this file on Linux and should not rely on it for
Windows as it is likely to go away in the future.

Use 'nessus -qSp localhost 1241 <login> <password>' if you want parsed
plugins (remove the 'S' to get some csv-ish output).
Alternatively, you can run nasl -VV on each plugin and parse the
output that way.

-- Renaud