Doug Nordwall
Unix, Network, and Security Administrator
on MMORPGs
Re: caching plugins [ In reply to ]
On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Doug Nordwall wrote:

> does the os x client cache plugins somewhere? I'm seeing behavior
> where a plugin that I changed the number on, restarted the server
> and the old plugin is popping up.

Popping up in what way?

Have you reconnected the client after making the change and restarting
the server?

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com

Re: caching plugins [ In reply to ]
ya, i've done that.
I found that if I reloaded the plugins (nessusd -R) it seems to catch it and
the client figures it out again.

"pop up" meaning that the changes that I've made to the plugin don't appear
to show up in the client, even through a server restart. very strange.