show as [ERROR].

Example below:

"Maximum system log size": [ERROR]
REG_ERROR_HKLM_CONNECT: an error happened while opening
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Nessus ID : 21156
<http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=21156>

Thanks in advance.
Re: Win2K3 Compliance Errors [ In reply to ]
Swingler, Valerie [USA] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting multiple Windows Compliance check errors. Some registry
> compliance checks are completed and show as [PASSED] or [FAILED], others
> show as [ERROR].
>
> Example below:
>
> "Maximum system log size": [ERROR]
> REG_ERROR_HKLM_CONNECT: an error happened while opening
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> Nessus ID : 21156
> <http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=21156>

Hello Valerie,

Windows compliance check errors occur when required
settings are unavailable. This may occur because they
don't exist, or because the account you are using to
audit settings does not have privileges to read the
setting.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security

Re: Win2K3 Compliance Errors [ In reply to ]
Hi Valerie,

Which audit file are you running when you receive this "ERROR" response? Ron's response applies to the error you are receiving, and, I'd like to
look at the file in question. Thanks!

Paul Davis

Swingler, Valerie [USA] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting multiple Windows Compliance check errors. Some registry
> compliance checks are completed and show as [PASSED] or [FAILED], others
> show as [ERROR].
>
> Example below:
>
> "Maximum system log size": [ERROR]
> REG_ERROR_HKLM_CONNECT: an error happened while opening HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> Nessus ID : 21156
> <http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=21156>
>
> Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,