Mailing List Archive

Exception in plugin download
I received the following message in the Nessus server log this AM:

[Tue Sep 30 11:00:03 2008][7720] Exception occurred in load_plugins
[Tue Sep 30 11:00:03 2008][7720] 4466 plugins loaded

I have changed the plugin update time to one hour and receive the same
message. I miss my 23K+ plugins; please advise how I can get them
back...
No network disruptions at my organization noticed today. I have been
receving updates every 24 hours for the past few months with no issues.

Thank you.

Christian Stevens
Senior Information Technology Security Analyst

Re: Exception in plugin download [ In reply to ]
On Sep 30, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Stevens, Christian wrote:

> I received the following message in the Nessus server log this AM:
>
> [Tue Sep 30 11:00:03 2008][7720] Exception occurred in load_plugins
> [Tue Sep 30 11:00:03 2008][7720] 4466 plugins loaded
>
> I have changed the plugin update time to one hour and receive the same
> message. I miss my 23K+ plugins; please advise how I can get them
> back...

Are you still having the issue? If so, what are the contents of the
plugin_feed_info.inc file in the directory with your plugins?

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com

RE: Exception in plugin download [ In reply to ]
It is working fine now; what could have caused this problem?

Re: Exception in plugin download [ In reply to ]
On Oct 1, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Stevens, Christian wrote:

> It is working fine now; what could have caused this problem?

Some changes in the plugin name could, under certain circumstances,
prevent nessusd.exe on Windows from parsing them properly.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com