Enterprise Security Unit
Information Systems and Services Divistion
Orange County Government, Florida
Re: Nessus Front End [ In reply to ]
Steven.Moore@ocfl.net wrote:
> What would you recommend as a Nessus front end; my co-worker is sworn by
> Nessconnect... I personally think the front end developed by Nessus is
> limiting.

Hi Steven,

Do you think Nessconenct is limiting or do you think the NessusClient
developed by Tenable is limiting? I'm not sure what you mean when you
say "developed by Nessus"? If you find it limiting, I'd like to know
what you don't like.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security
Re: Nessus Front End [ In reply to ]
I have used both front ends, and have come to the conclusion that while the
nessusconnect app is more elaborate then nessus client it isn't as stable or
intuitive. I have had it hang, interprite plugin out puts wrong and what
not.

I would recommend the nessus front end, although it you want to get your
geek on you can just use and execute nessus from your server and have it
generate a report.

ashby

Re: Nessus Front End [ In reply to ]
Inprotect, scavenger, and tenable's own web based manager are good in
their own ways as well. I've also used the open source client I can't
remember the name of a time or two

Sent from my iPhone by my iFinger on my iHand

On Sep 22, 2008, at 7:50 AM, "christopher ashby" <christopheraashby@gmail.com