Mailing List Archive

Nessus and Skype on Linux platforms
Hello,
According to my own experience and to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/115970

> This has been confirmed with one reporter to be caused by nessus which
> installs its own copy of Qt4.

The nessus installation on Ubuntu breaks the QT4 library and
prevents skype from running...

Is there a reason to package QT4 with Nessus?

P Arnal
Re: Nessus and Skype on Linux platforms [ In reply to ]
Patrice,

On Aug 13, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Patrice ARNAL wrote:

> Hello,
> According to my own experience and to
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/115970
>
>> This has been confirmed with one reporter to be caused by nessus
>> which
>> installs its own copy of Qt4.
>
> The nessus installation on Ubuntu breaks the QT4 library and
> prevents skype from running...
>
> Is there a reason to package QT4 with Nessus?

We're looking into this bug. There are many different versions of QT,
so providing our own version makes things easier.

We'll try to resolve that problem quickly,

-- Renaud
Re: Nessus and Skype on Linux platforms [ In reply to ]
Hello Patrice,

On Aug 13, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Patrice ARNAL wrote:

> Hello,
> According to my own experience and to
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/115970
>
>> This has been confirmed with one reporter to be caused by nessus
>> which
>> installs its own copy of Qt4.
>
> The nessus installation on Ubuntu breaks the QT4 library and
> prevents skype from running...

We've just released a new NessusClient 3.2.1.1 for Unbuntu (and Fedora
9) which correct this particular issue.

Thanks,

-- Renaud