no nessus executable included in the .deb that I can find.

Should this really be this complicated ?

Thanks,
RE: Installation .. [ In reply to ]
http://www.nessus.org/download/

You'll see "NessusClient" in the drop-down, as well as more recent
versions of Nessus, as George mentioned.

"dara burke" <daraburke78@gmail.com>
Sent by: nessus-bounces@list.nessus.org
08/10/2008 04:03 AM

nessus@list.nessus.org
cc

Subject
RE: Installation ..

I've read the installation docs and I've gone through everything, but I'm
still at a loss as to how to install this program. The ubuntu repository
client version seems to crash when I try to upload the new plugins and
then login. I go straight to the site and i install the .deb and it puts
neither nessus or nessusd in the execution path.

I can start the nessusd by /etc/init.d/nessusd but I have no way of
accessing the client. There is no nessus executable and it uninstalls the
Ubuntu client. The docs seem to suggest going to nessus.org to download
NessusClient. I can't find that program anywhere, only a mention of it on
the News section that it's been released.

I can't run it from the command line because, as I've said before -
there's no nessus executable included in the .deb that I can find.

Should this really be this complicated ?

Nessus mailing list
Nessus@list.nessus.org