Mark
Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571435/direct/01/
Re: Custom Plugin [ In reply to ]
Figured it out...Ran build.exe in the Nessus directory.

From: markwoan@hotmail.comTo: plugins-writers@list.nessus.orgDate: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:41:25 +0100Subject: [Plugins-writers] Custom Plugin

I was trying to use the "nmap.nasl" plugin under Windows XP (using version 3.2.1.1 of Nessus), but apparently it doesn't work under Windows, since it needs to execute third party binaries. So then, my requirement is to import nmap results, and I will do some parsing in the way that the "nmap.nasl" plugin did. My problem is that I have created a very simple plugin, yet I cannot get it to load into Nessus Client. I have added the following registry key to attempt to get around the unsigned plugin issue: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tenable\Nessus] "nasl_no_signature_check"="yes" The plugin I have created is extremely simple e.g. if (description){ script_id(99998); script_version ("$Revision: 1.00 $"); script_name(english:"Nessus Test"); desc["english"]="Nessus Test"; script_description(english:desc["english"]); script_summary(english:"Nessus Test"); script_category(ACT_GATHER_INFO); script_copyright(english:"This script is Copyright (c)2008 Mark Woan"); script_family(english:"Nessus Test"); script_require_ports("Services/www",80); exit(0);}display(test); It has been suggested to update the plugin cache, but not sure how that is carried out? ThanksMark

Find out how to make Messenger your very own TV! Try it Now!
Re: Custom Plugin [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:41:25 +0100
Mark Woan <markwoan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was trying to use the "nmap.nasl" plugin under Windows XP (using
> version 3.2.1.1 of Nessus), but apparently it doesn't work under
> Windows, since it needs to execute third party binaries. So then, my
> requirement is to import nmap results

Try this version, it should work.
Note that it is not signed with Tenable's key, so you'll need to disable the verification of the signature or re-sign it.
Re: Custom Plugin [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the changes.

I had already written my own plugin to perform an import on grepable nmap results, it works in the same way as "nmap.nasl" but without the nmap port scanning functionality, since I agree with statements you have previously raised, regarding nmap threading under Nessus.

I have attached the plugin as I don't know how to submit plugins to Tenable.
Regards
Mark Woan

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:47:47 +0200> From: mikhail@nessus.org> To: markwoan@hotmail.com> CC: plugins-writers@list.nessus.org> Subject: Re: [Plugins-writers] Custom Plugin> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:41:25 +0100> Mark Woan <markwoan@hotmail.com> wrote:> > > I was trying to use the "nmap.nasl" plugin under Windows XP (using> > version 3.2.1.1 of Nessus), but apparently it doesn't work under> > Windows, since it needs to execute third party binaries. So then, my> > requirement is to import nmap results> > Try this version, it should work.> Note that it is not signed with Tenable's key, so you'll need to disable the verification of the signature or re-sign it.>
Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571440/direct/01/
Re: Custom Plugin [ In reply to ]
A new version of the original plugin has been signed and pushed to the web
site. See http://www.nessus.org/documentation/nmap.nasl
It is simpler (the old version had many useless options) and works as an
importer for Windows (or Unix if nmap is not found in $PATH).