Mailing List Archive

2 issues with logins.nasl
I have identified 2 problems with logins.nasl. Please update the plugin
as you see fit.

#1 Line 106 variable MAX_ADDITIONALS_SMB_LOGINS should be
MAX_ADDITIONAL_SMB_LOGINS which is the correct one based on the 2 other
instances.

#2 Line 247 variable j=0 should be j=1 or else you get twice
SMB/login_filled/0, SMB/password_filled/0, etc ... which seems to
confuse Nessus & creates around 40-50 login attempts on the target
system instead of 9-10.

Christian Houle
Re: 2 issues with logins.nasl [ In reply to ]
On Dec 19, 2005, at 1:01 PM, <c.houle@bell.ca> <c.houle@bell.ca> wrote:

> I have identified 2 problems with logins.nasl. Please update the
> plugin as you see fit.
>

> #1 Line 106 variable MAX_ADDITIONALS_SMB_LOGINS should be
> MAX_ADDITIONAL_SMB_LOGINS which is the correct one based on the 2
> other instances.
>

> #2 Line 247 variable j=0 should be j=1 or else you get twice SMB/
> login_filled/0, SMB/password_filled/0, etc … which seems to confuse
> Nessus & creates around 40-50 login attempts on the target system
> instead of 9-10.

Fixed, thanks and sorry for the last bug introduced recently.

Plugins-writers mailing list
Plugins-writers@list.nessus.org