Sullo

--

http://www.cirt.net/ | http://www.osvdb.org/
Re: Nikto results, trusted script debugging [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:48:27PM -0500, Sullo wrote:
> Also, is there a way to modify (for debugging) trusted NASL scripts, and have
> them still run?

Yes. Remove the 'TRUSTED' line at the begining of the script, and set
the option nasl_no_signature_check to YES in nessusd.conf.
Re: Nikto results, trusted script debugging [ In reply to ]
On Wed Mar 23 2005 at 21:48, Sullo wrote:

> As a few people have posted recently, I'm not getting Nikto results in the
> Nessus reports. I have confirmed (via Nikto debugs and Nessus logs) that it's
> running and finishing, but nothing in the output.

Strange... I just tried (Nessus devel, aka 2.2.4 + Nikto 1.32) and it
worked.

> Looking at the NASL, I don't see any reason it shouldn't work...

Which version are you using? There have been issues with pread() and
EINTR
This is fixed in 2.2.4
Re: Nikto results, trusted script debugging [ In reply to ]
Quoting Michel Arboi <mikhail@nessus.org>:
> Which version are you using? There have been issues with pread() and
> EINTR
> This is fixed in 2.2.4

Running 2.2.4 which I installed today, Solaris 2.8 sparc.

--

http://www.cirt.net/ | http://www.osvdb.org/
Re: Nikto results, trusted script debugging [ In reply to ]
On Thu Mar 24 2005 at 00:14, Sullo wrote:

> Running 2.2.4 which I installed today, Solaris 2.8 sparc.

Could it be Solaris issue? :-\

Does Nikto run well? Check in your logs if it does not exit immediately.
You can also run it from the command line:
PATH=$PATH:/opt/nikto-1.32 nasl -X nikto.nasl -t target

If this fails, you can truss the command.