Also can some please tell me how to write a plugin in C.

Thanks,
Aks
Re: How to execute an external program using nessus [ In reply to ]
You must you pread to execute program in a NASL script (look at
nmap.nasl, hydra.nal, ssh_get_info.nasl) .

Note that your script must be signed to use pread.

Nicolas

Re: How to execute an external program using nessus [ In reply to ]
On Tue Mar 08 2005 at 11:34, Akshat Choudhary wrote:

> Also can some please tell me how to write a plugin in C.

The simplest thing is to copy the source of an existing C plugin and
keep the skeleton. But unless you do very specific things that cannot
be done in NASL (multithread, asynchronous IO, connecting to a 3rd
machine, for example), you'd better write a NASL plugin.
This is safer, easier to maintain, and you don't risk big
incompatibilities when Nessus is upgraded.

--
arboi@alussinan.org http://arboi.da.ru
NASL2 reference manual http://michel.arboi.free.fr/nasl2ref/