Mailing List Archive

return array from get_kb_item()?
This is wierd...

port = get_kb_item("Services/www");
if(!port)port = 80;
name = string("www/", port, "/cgis");
cgi = get_kb_item(name);

# This block ends up getting called 3 times, where 3 is the number of cgi
scripts on the test server
# why is that?
fileloc = cgi - strstr(cgi," - ");
soc = open_sock_tcp(80);
req = string("GET /", fileloc, "HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n");
send(socket:soc, data:req);
security_hole(port:port, data:warning);
# end block (which wasn't)

Now, I'm scanning one of my test servers which has 3 cgi scripts. Each
script has a different set of parameters, etc. Running the code generates 3
security_holes and 3 separate socket requests to the web server. I must be
missing something really simple...

John Lampe
https://f00dikator.hn.org/

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their
own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular
government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but
a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both."
--James Madison