Mailing List Archive

SegFault running port_shell_execution.nasl
Is it worth reporting this sort of problem?:

# nasl -t 10.1.1.1 port_shell_execution.nasl
port_shell_execution.nasl : Warning : evaluating unknown variable -
description
Segmentation fault
# grep -i version port_shell_execution.nasl
script_version("$Revision: 1.6 $");
# nasl -v
nasl 1.2.4
[Using Redhat 7.2, kernel 2.4.9-34.]

I remember a recent post where it was mentioned some scripts just won't work
from the command line (using nasl). Is there a way to tell which ones they
are (other than SegFaults)? I was running this one because it timed out
during the GUI scan and I wanted to see if it would still timeout.

Thanks,
Owen Crow
Systems Programmer (Unix)
BMC Software, Inc.