government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but
a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both."
--James Madison
Re: oops. CVS find_ap.nasl is the initial hack... [ In reply to ]
On Friday 14 June 2002 15:43, John Lampe wrote:
> the find_ap.nasl that was committed to CVS was the one that was initially
> rejected for lack of snmp API calls, and only finds a couple of APs. I'm
> including the modified find_ap.nasl with Renaud's added sun snmpd function
> and fixes to the initial script.
>
> If anyone else has interesting AP packet dumps, please forward....

[Orinoco WavePOINT II Wireless AP]
SNMP system.sysDesc.0 =~ WavePOINT-II

[Orinoco AP-1000 Wireless AP]
SNMP system.sysDesc.0 =~ AP-1000

[Cisco Aironet Wireless Bridge]
SNMP system.sysDesc.0 =~ Cisco BR500
FTP Server Banner =~ Cisco BR500
Re: oops. CVS find_ap.nasl is the initial hack... [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:49:07PM -0500, H D Moore wrote:
> [Orinoco WavePOINT II Wireless AP]
> [Orinoco AP-1000 Wireless AP]
> [Cisco Aironet Wireless Bridge]

Thanks H D.

Here's a modified version. I fixed the SNMP request (it would
not work with a community string different from strlen("public")), and
made the plugin use the result of snmp_sysDesc, if present in the KB.

Testers welcome.

-- Renaud
Re: oops. CVS find_ap.nasl is the initial hack... [ In reply to ]
added in HD's ftp port banner and the SMC ftp port banner....

John Lampe
https://f00dikator.hn.org/

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their
own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular