Mailing List Archive

Diverging HEAD and 2.2-branch, go for 2.4?
Hi,

I realized that HEAD and the 2.2 branch in CVS are diverging more
and more. Since a while Renaud only commits to 2.2-branch and not
HEAD anymore.
Some time ago I also saw a number of commits from Michel to
HEAD that are not in 2.2-branch.
And there are the numerous changes we did to nessus-core during
the BOSS project, all only in HEAD (though mostly only GTK-client
which is obsoleted through NessusClient).

However, I think we need a strategy how to proceed.

I opt for a 2.4.0RC1 release, merging all together but kicking
out GTK client from nessus-core.
What do you think?

Best

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban : thuban.intevation.org
Re: Diverging HEAD and 2.2-branch, go for 2.4? [ In reply to ]
On Jan 12, 2006, at 9:54, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I realized that HEAD and the 2.2 branch in CVS are diverging more
> and more. Since a while Renaud only commits to 2.2-branch and not
> HEAD anymore.

Yes. At this point, HEAD contains bad code. The idea is to merge the
2_2 branch back to HEAD and then manually re-add the changes that
need to stay (if any).

> I opt for a 2.4.0RC1 release, merging all together but kicking
> out GTK client from nessus-core.
> What do you think?

Let's stabilize NessusClient first, then proceed. 2.2.x is very
stable and I'd want NessusClient to be as stable as possible before
moving on -- we're nearly there, but there are some buglets left.

-- Renaud