Seems that this no longer works?

export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous@cvs.nessus.org:/usr/local/cvs"
cvs -z3 update -d -P nessus-tools

cvs [update aborted]: connect to cvs.nessus.org(63.105.37.103):2401
failed: Operation timed out

I see CVS available via web browser, is there a way to pull it out of
that?

Did ip or DNS name change?
Re: Can't get CVS 2.3.0+ [ In reply to ]
* Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net> [20050718 15:02]:
> Tried to get the _HEAD CVS code
> Seems that this no longer works?
>
> export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous@cvs.nessus.org:/usr/local/cvs"
> cvs -z3 update -d -P nessus-tools
>
> cvs [update aborted]: connect to cvs.nessus.org(63.105.37.103):2401
> failed: Operation timed out

Times out for me, too. It looks like it is firewalled, because ssh
access still works, though it doesn't accept my key.

> I see CVS available via web browser, is there a way to pull it out of
> that?

Generating a tarball is disabled in that installation of ViewCVS.
You can download a tarball as of May 9th from
ftp://ftp.nessus.org/pub/nessus/experimental/nessus-2.3.1/src/

> Did ip or DNS name change?

ssh still sends the same host key, so it should be the same host.

Thomas

--
Email: thomas@intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/
Re: Can't get CVS 2.3.0+ [ In reply to ]
On Jul 18, 2005, at 14:44, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> Tried to get the _HEAD CVS code
>
> (looking for Michel's new random number generator, and some interim
> 2.3.0 fixes on FBSD 5 hopefully)
>
> Seems that this no longer works?

No. Due to recent abuses, we've had to disable anonymous CVS.

I'm in the process of writing a script which will create nightly
tarballs.

-- Renaud
Re: Can't get CVS 2.3.0+ [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:21:06AM +0200, Renaud Deraison wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2005, at 14:44, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> >Tried to get the _HEAD CVS code
> >
> >(looking for Michel's new random number generator, and some interim
> >2.3.0 fixes on FBSD 5 hopefully)
> >
> >Seems that this no longer works?
>
> No. Due to recent abuses, we've had to disable anonymous CVS.
>
> I'm in the process of writing a script which will create nightly
> tarballs.

don't know what kind of abuse it was, but wouldn't it make
sense to set up a mirror CVS which is only for anonymous access?
The KDE project used to have this type of setup, their mirror
was a couple of hours behind but that was acceptable.

That way we won't loose the chance to run diff's and log's on
the command line (which would be the case with tarballs).

Best

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/
Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
Re: Can't get CVS 2.3.0+ [ In reply to ]
On Jul 19, 2005, at 8:32, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

>> I'm in the process of writing a script which will create nightly
>> tarballs.
>>

> don't know what kind of abuse it was, but wouldn't it make
> sense to set up a mirror CVS which is only for anonymous access?

That was already the case.

-- Renaud
Re: Can't get CVS 2.3.0+ [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:36:04AM +0200, Renaud Deraison wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2005, at 8:32, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> >>I'm in the process of writing a script which will create nightly
> >>tarballs.
> >
> >don't know what kind of abuse it was, but wouldn't it make
> >sense to set up a mirror CVS which is only for anonymous access?
>
> That was already the case.

now I am really interested in the kind of abuse ;-)

I noticed that my personal account is also disabled, so
I even can't checkout that way ...

Best

Jan