Mailing List Archive

[Database-devel] NESSUS_SQL patch for 2.2.3 release
I've had (very) few comments regarding the patch I posted last
December based on the NESSUS_SQL CVS branch which provides database
integration for the Nessus core engine.

In any case, a user has pointed out a mistake in the patch (which was
based on the packages I made for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution).
Even though I have not tested it myself, the attached patch should fix
the issue the previous patch have and should apply cleanly to the
latest nessus-core release (2.2.3) as well as (probably) to previous
releases.

As I said in December:

"Testing of this code is very much appreciated, please send reports
either to this list directly (so others can benefit from it) or to
myself (if you want to keep a low profile)"

BTW, This code will still not get integrated into Nessus and it still
has known and unknown bugs that need to be ironed out before that's
done, until other people in the community show interest in helping
testing it out, and provide patches and code to fix it it will still
linger as an unofficial patch.

Regards

Javier
Re: [Database-devel] NESSUS_SQL patch for 2.2.3 release [ In reply to ]
BTW, just to make it clear. The patch patches configure.in but it does
*not* patch the configure script. So you need to run 'autoconf' first
before configuring the sources (add --with-mysql there) and building
nessus-core.

Regards

Javier