Linux).
--
Gene
Re: debugging nessus [ In reply to ]
On Jan 9, 2004, at 8:20 PM, Gene C. wrote:

> As I said in another message, nessus now builds/instralls on x86_64
> but does
> not work.
>
> Are there some switches I can enable to help debug what is going on?

First, what is written in nessusd.messages ? That should help us
determine
if the scan actually starts or not. Then you probably need to attach gdb
to some of the nessusd processes and see were they are stuck.

-- Renaud
Re: debugging nessus [ In reply to ]
On Friday 09 January 2004 14:31, Renaud Deraison wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2004, at 8:20 PM, Gene C. wrote:
> > As I said in another message, nessus now builds/instralls on x86_64
> > but does
> > not work.
> >
> > Are there some switches I can enable to help debug what is going on?
>
> First, what is written in nessusd.messages ? That should help us
> determine
> if the scan actually starts or not. Then you probably need to attach gdb
> to some of the nessusd processes and see were they are stuck.

OK, I cleared (zeroed) nessusd.messages and nessusd.dump to get clean copy. I
then fresh installed the 2.0.9 version and ran one simple test (just
"General") against two systems.

dump contains some stuff as well as messages (including some SIGSEGV
occurred). It appears that tests are being performed ... just no report
generated (although I can view a report generated and saved on another
system).

The easiest way may be for me to wrap these into a compressed tarball and
email them directly to you ... agree?
--
Gene