Mailing List Archive

x86_64 status
Some progress ... sort of.

1. I have to give credit to the SUSE folks who did a lot of the hard work of
creating the patches ... too bad they did not pass this upstream.

2. A lot of the patches apply. With respect to 2.0.9, a few were not needed
because you have "fixed" the problems and a couple of additional patches were
necessary to get clean compiles (all of the "cast" messages are gone).

3. How (or do you) want the patches? I can put them into a tarball and
either mail it to the list or directly to you.

4. Still a lot more work to do. Everything now builds (compiles) and nessus
runs. It no longer gets into a loop using 100% CPU and some network I/O does
occur. However, no report is generated ... when the "report" is saved,
there are only a couple of timestamps in the file.

5. All of the work I did was with 2.0.9. I am thinking of taking the SUSE
patches with the 2.0.7 tarballs and try building that with my rpm spec files
... the SUSE spec files do other things which do not work quite right on my
Fedora Core system. I would like to see if I can get some form of nessus
working so that I can tell if I am having a nessus problem or something else.
--
Gene