Mailing List Archive

64 bit questions
I am having problems with nessus running on an Opteron as a 64 bit
application.

1. Does anyone know if nessus has ever been built and successfully run as a
64 bit application ... for example on a sparc64 or an alpha?

2. I am getting warnings about "cast to pointer from integer of different
size" and "cast from pointer to integer of different size":

For nessus-libraries:
- plugutils.c
- harglists.c
- network.c

For Libnasl:
- nasl_text_utils.c
- nasl_nessusd_glue.c
- nasl_misc_func.c
- nasl_tree.c
- exec.c
- nasl_func.c

And for nessus:
-- lots ... if it is not a problem elsewhere, then I will look at these --

Before I start digging in to find out if there is a problem or not I thought I
would ask in case someone else has done the work.
--
Gene