Mailing List Archive

OT: Spam from 80.34.52.6
I know this is off-topic, but I wanted to give a heads-up to those who
may have posted to nessus-devel@list.nessus.org.

Starting about an hour ago, my mail server's experienced repeated
delivery attempts to bogus email addresses from 80.34.52.6, a
dialup/DSL/cable modem connection via rima-tde.net in Spain. Messages
claim to be from globalnetlottery66@whipmail.com and are directed at
addresses scraped from the message-ids of my posts to this list. If
you're a frequent poster to the list, you may wish to block / tarpit
this particular host.

Note: I'm well aware that spammers do scrape web pages for email
addresses and don't advocate munging addresses, whether when sending or
archiving. Still, I feel the volume of this particular case is worth
mentioning.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com