on Linux, I get lots of errors. Complete build output can be
found at http://www.jaenicke.org/5-nessus.err

I wonder if these are bugs in Intel's icc or in Nessus..

Will nessus support icc in future releases?

- Sebastian
--
Sebastian Jaenicke Disce aut discede!
whois pgpkey-18AC0BE4 -h whois.ripe.net|perl -ne's-^certif: +--&&print'
RE: Compiling nessus with Intel's icc [ In reply to ]

"I get lots of errors"

Look again. I only see 1 error. I see lots of warnings that can be
ignored.

Your error is
/usr/include/netdb.h(480): error: identifier "restrict" is undefined
extern int getaddrinfo_a (int __mode, struct gaicb
*__list[__restrict_arr],

On my system __restrict_arr is defined in
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h

There is a bunch of ifdef GNU statements in the above header file.

Keep in mind this is a GNU C header file.

Intel states
"The same C language calling conventions are used and the GNU glibc C
language library is used."

but.... Playing with compiler flags (like -ansi) and -D may lead to
success but I doubt it.

Best recommendation, install the GCC compiler (http://gcc.gnu.org/)
on your system. Your system should be able to support 2
different/coexisting C/C++ compilers.

Erik

RE: Compiling nessus with Intel's icc [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:23, Erik Anderson wrote:

> "I get lots of errors"
>
> Look again. I only see 1 error. I see lots of warnings that can be
> ignored.

Not answering the initial question, but...
This morning, I submitted 3 patches to the Nessus bug tracking system
that should fix almost all the warnings. (The remaining ones may have
issues with portability and may require some automake/autoconf magic to
be cleanly handled).