Mailing List Archive

NASL2 tests [Re: Last call before feature freeze in Nessus 1.3.x]
I said to Renaud yesterday that IMHO, NASL2 is able to run old scripts
as well as NASL1. We have to double check before calling it Nessus 2.0
of course, but so far, we have not seen discrepancies between the
results of a 1.2.7 scan and a 1.3.4 scan.

However, I ran into one vicious bug and one "ergonomy problem" when I
tried to optimize webmirror.nasl by using some specific NASL2
features.
As switching from NASL1 to NASL2 will be painful (who wants to
maintain two scripts trees?), it has to be quick. This will be if
NASL2 is stable enough to allow script writers to use all its
functions without wondering if they will explode after ten seconds.

So please write complex NASL2 scripts, and reports if something does
not behave as expected. http://bugs.nessus.org/

You should have everything to do it:
- the parser should point the syntax errors
- The "trace" option (-T) should help you understand what's going on
NB: if it's not detailled enough, recompile NASL with -DNASL_DEBUG=1
- I updated the reference manual
http://mapage.noos.fr/arboi/nasl2_reference/
http://mapage.noos.fr/arboi/nasl2_reference.ps.gz

--