Mailing List Archive

NASL Standards
Are there any current standards to which all NASL scripts apply?
In particularly, I'm interested in the desc[ "lang" ]="..."; call.

I am parsing out the Solution and Risk sections for later use...

What fields are there for the desc section?
Solution, Risk factor, CVE ID, Bugtraq ID... any others?

Should any be added?

Are there any key words that are guaranteed to preceed the assigned
section? And are they documented anywhere?

My solution works, but only for English...
If the language is changed, the parsing won't work, hence the need for
field seperators or standardized key words.

William Heinbockel
Information Security Incident Response Assistant
Co-op Risk & Safety Management
Rochester Institute of Technology
E-mail: wjh3710@rit.edu