Mailing List Archive

getting a plugin knowing its ID
Hi all

I'm trying to code a new kind of output for the nessus client, and would like
your opinion about the following issue...

I'm working on nessus 1.2.7, and want to build something which is able to work
in batch mode, so I don't want to introduce any gtk/gdk/glib related functions
into my output module.

Here is the question:
When the output function is called with the "struct arglist *hosts", I go
through this this structure to grab the info I'm interested in.
For each "arglist *ptr" corresponding to a note, an info or a report, the
"ptr->name" provides the ID of the plugin involved.
What is the best/quickest/nicest way to get the "struct arglist *plugin" of
this plugin, having its ID ?
I've seen there was a "plugins_order_table" but this is created only if
required, ie not in my case...
For now, I'm looking for it with a loop in "Plugins" and "Scanners",
extracting the ID of each plugin and comparing it to the id I need.

So is there a better way do get the plugin that I would have blindly missed ?

Thanx in advance for any help, suggestion, comment...

--
~ Vincent
'v'