Mailing List Archive

Re: WARNING.EN
Michel Arboi wrote:

>Michael Schmitt <schmitt@TI.FhG.DE> writes:
>
>>it's nice to see that there is a document like WARNING.EN.
>>But why isn't it included in the standard distribution.
>>

>>When you install Nessus by the Nessus installer, you only get the
>>default man pages
>>

>We could create a $prefix/doc/nessus/ directory and copy it there.
>Maybe we should also add a WARNING paragraph to the manual (and the
>FAQ too?) saying that this document exists and should be read by the
>user before he shoots himself in the foot?!

Yes, this is definitely a good idea! WARNING.EN not only warns the user
- it also provides interesting information about the way Nessus works
internally! I think there are many people who wonder what is going on
during a Nessus test.

Michael

Michael Schmitt Telefon: +49 651 97551-40
Institut für Telematik Telefax: +49 651 97551-12
Bahnhofstrasse 30-32 WWW: http://www.ti.fhg.de
D-54292 Trier E-Mail: mailto:schmitt@ti.fhg.de