Some of these NASL scripts do not have matching CVE's or CAN's. In
cases like this I would, at a minimum, like to enter a Bugtraq ID into
the scripts.

Does anyone know how to download a list of all bugtraq ID's as well as
their descriptions. I hunted around but could not find anything on
securityfocus.com

ThanX in advance

Erik
Re: NASL scripts and bugtrtaq ID's [ In reply to ]
Erik Anderson wrote:

> Some of these NASL scripts do not have matching CVE's or CAN's. In
> cases like this I would, at a minimum, like to enter a Bugtraq ID into
> the scripts.

I agree.

> Does anyone know how to download a list of all bugtraq ID's as well as
> their descriptions. I hunted around but could not find anything on
> securityfocus.com

Securityfocus online provides their database under a fee. As a matter of
fact you get more than the online database. The only mean I know of is
using your web browser, or this little script I attach below (which, of
course, uses lynx to do that for you). I still have to take time to
digest bugtraq's input and turn it into a useful relational database.

> ThanX in advance
>
> Erik

Regards

Javi
-------------------------------- Download Securityfocus vulnerabilities
-------------------------------
!#/usr/bin/sh

SERVER="http://www.securityfocus.com"
VULNS="/cgi-bin/vulns-item.pl"

for id in $*
do
echo -n "Downloading Bugtraq ID : $id - "
for section in info discussion exploit solution credit
do
echo -n " $section "
[. ! -d $section } && mkdir $section
if [ ! -f $section/$id ] ; then
lynx -nolist -dump
$SERVER$VULNS?section=$section\&id=$id >$section/$id
fi
done
echo "...done."
done
Re: NASL scripts and bugtrtaq ID's [ In reply to ]
I have found and entered about 11 scripts I found CVE/CAN/BugTraq ID's
for. I entered them into the scripts. I also entered a few URL links
into the scripts to help with the solutions on the scripts that did not
have a bugtraq ID.

gallery_injection.nasl
pop3_overflow.nasl
smb_login.nasl
dns_xfer.nasl
rpc_nfsd.nasl
pgpmail.nasl
doc_package_browseable.nasl
resin_path_disclosure.nasl
rh_inetd.nasl
rich_media_ecommerce_stores_sensitive_information_insecurely.nasl
DDI_ws_ftp-server-cpwd-bo.nasl

Should I send attach the modified scripts once a day, week, or when I am
complete with all of the changes? At this rate, 1st of December until I
am done.

Let me know.

Erik

Re: NASL scripts and bugtrtaq ID's [ In reply to ]
It appears that script
dwhttp_format_string.nasl

Could cover
CAN-2000-0697

And Bugtraq ID's
5384
1556

Can someone please independently this at the below links.
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/285689
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/74382
http://online.securityfocus.com/bid/5384
http://online.securityfocus.com/bid/1556

ThanX in advance and please let me know.

Erik

Re: NASL scripts and bugtrtaq ID's [ In reply to ]
Erik Anderson wrote:

> I have found and entered about 11 scripts I found CVE/CAN/BugTraq ID's
> for. I entered them into the scripts. I also entered a few URL links
> into the scripts to help with the solutions on the scripts that did
> not have a bugtraq ID.

(...) That's great news.

> Should I send attach the modified scripts once a day, week, or when I
> am complete with all of the changes? At this rate, 1st of December
> until I am done.

You can probably send patches to Renaud whenever you feel like it (once
a week?) so he includes it in the CVS.

Regards

Javi