Mailing List Archive

Current nsr.dtd
I am running nessus 1.2.5 and when i export as XML the output does not
fit the DTD provided in /docs of the source. Exporting as XML old does
match this DTD. Is there a DTD available for the new format? Has one
been written or has the new format not stabilized enough yet?

--
Matt Woodyard (0x8659BAA7)
CISSP
RE: Current nsr.dtd [ In reply to ]
This xsd was generated by XML Spy from a sample xml file and modified by me to be - kind of - correct with the nessus report version 1.3. I didn't put much work into it. It validates the XML report...

I'm currently writing an XSL transform to transform the current XML (from xml_output_ng.c) to HTML which looks like the current HTML. Should be ready in a few days depending on my free time.

I'm planning to change the current XML to make my life easier with the XSLT e.g.
- id used to often
- plugin used twice...
- use something like pluginref instead of id to reference a plugin....
- make the XML - somewhat - similar to the nmap XML...

suggestions/patches are welcome.

have fun,

Axel