Mailing List Archive

Nessus 1.3.0 has been released
I'm pleased to announce the availability of Nessus 1.3.0 (experimental).

Nessus 1.3.0 is an experimental release, which means that you may expect it
to crash, produce incomplete reports, wipe out your disk and eat your
children. So please use it with care. Note that the whole 1.3.x series will
be considered as being unstable.

Nessus 1.3.0 is the first "official" snapshot of our unstable CVS tree. Its
main feature is the incorporation of a completely rewritten nasl library,
which goes much faster, does not leak memory, properly parses the Nessus
scripts and so on. It also includes a couple of experimental nasl plugins
which improve service recognition greatly.

Apart from that, Nessus 1.3 is roughly the same as Nessus 1.2, so I *hope*
it won't be too buggy, and that's why I made snapshot out of it.

Please test it and report all compilation failures, report inconsistencies,