pre-NANOG road trip -- non-agenda, ignore if offended
Are there any people heading out early for NANOG who might be interested in
a road trip to Lake Tahoe on Saturday/Sunday the 8th/9th? If one leaves by
about 5:30AM, it is possible to be on the slopes at Squaw Valley, Alpine
Meadows, Heavenly (etc.) by about 9-9:30...

Please direct any and all followups to me, not to the list.

--Vince
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: pre-NANOG road trip -- non-agenda, ignore if offended [ In reply to ]
I'm sending this to the list becuase it proposes alternative transportation.
Apologies to those who are not interested.

I live out here, and might be interested in flying up to SouthLake Saturday
and back on Sunday. I can get a Cherokee Six (six-place aircraft) and
if we split the expenses 6 ways, round trip would work out somewhere around
$75-100 per person.

I'm Instrument Rated (can fly in clouds and fog), and the airplane is quite
capable of carrying six people and their skis/gear. (Large aft and
decent sized forward) baggage compartment and center aisle adequate for skis.

This would allow a departure time more like 0700 from any bay area
airport instead of 0530. The plane is parked at Palo Alto (PAO), but
I can easily prep the plane and fly it to any other airport in the bay
area depending on the geographic location of people who are interested.

I've tentatively booked the airplane for that time-period. If people
aren't interested, I'll cancel it. I can cancel any time up to 2/5/97,
so there's no rush to make a decision. If I receive replies from interested
parties by 1/31, I'll keep the plane reservation.

Owen

(I've cc'd the aircraft owner in case he is interested in tagging along.
He's not a Network Operator, but he's over at Sun Engineering, so he'll
fit into the crowd fairly well) :-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: pre-NANOG road trip -- non-agenda, ignore if offended [ In reply to ]
Vince Fuller wrote:

> Are there any people heading out early for NANOG who might be interested in
> a road trip to Lake Tahoe on Saturday/Sunday the 8th/9th? If one leaves by
> about 5:30AM, it is possible to be on the slopes at Squaw Valley, Alpine
> Meadows, Heavenly (etc.) by about 9-9:30...
>
> Please direct any and all followups to me, not to the list.
>
> --Vince

Be advised that much of the snow had been melted out by the torrential
rains (even at the high elevations) when I called the ski areas
last week.

Returning you to your regularly scheduled programming.
allan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: pre-NANOG road trip -- non-agenda, ignore if offended [ In reply to ]
At 3:01 AM -0800 1/10/97, Allan Chong wrote:
>Vince Fuller wrote:
>>
>> Are there any people heading out early for NANOG who might be interested in
>> a road trip to Lake Tahoe on Saturday/Sunday the 8th/9th? If one leaves by
>> about 5:30AM, it is possible to be on the slopes at Squaw Valley, Alpine
>> Meadows, Heavenly (etc.) by about 9-9:30...
>>
>> Please direct any and all followups to me, not to the list.
>>
>> --Vince
>

>Be advised that much of the snow had been melted out by the torrential
>rains (even at the high elevations) when I called the ski areas
>last week.
>
>Returning you to your regularly scheduled programming.
>allan

NANOG people are tough. Faced with the operational difficulties they
routinely solve, skiing without snow pales into insignificance.

;-)

Howard,

who is still trying to get his boss to sign off on coming to the meeting