Susan R. Harris, Ph.D. Merit Network, Inc. srh@merit.edu
Phone: (313) 936-2100 Fax: (313) 747-3185

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: Agenda items for February [ In reply to ]
Paul,

> At 11:03 AM 1/8/97 -0600, Chris A. Icide wrote:
>
> >Would anyone be interested in a short discussion on something like
> >"Properties of an improved routing protocol"?
> >

> This type of discussion would be better served taking place within
> the IETF, not NANOG.

Agreed. And to be more specific, I would suggest bgp/idr mailing list.

Yakov.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RE: Agenda items for February [ In reply to ]
Would anyone be interested in a short discussion on something like
"Properties of an improved routing protocol"?

My thought here is just a short discussion (Round Table) that might
throw proposed ideas for an improved routing protocol.

For example:

Supports policy based routing (BGP stuff)
supports server - server and server - client modes
supports link quality, delay, reliability, etc
supports QOS

etc., etc.,

Chris A. Icide
Nap.Net, L.L.C.