Office: (210) 892 4025 x1601
GnuPG KeyID: 0x7DE7C4E0 @pgp.mit.edu
AS Caretaker: 10532 15395 25897 27357 30099
Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
On Tue 2016-Jan-26 12:40:06 -0500, Adam Loveless <adam.loveless@gmail.com> wrote:

>Any Google engineers that can contact me off list? Seems our address space
>has been blacklisted by Google and we have to enter captchas for them now.

v6 or v4? We had a round of issues with v6 traffic getting the CAPTCHA
treatment for a while:

http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2015-November/082256.html

--
Hugo

hugo@slabnet.com: email, xmpp/jabber
PGP fingerprint (B178313E):
CF18 15FA 9FE4 0CD1 2319 1D77 9AB1 0FFD B178 313E

(also on Signal)
Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
> On Jan 26, 2016, at 09:40, Adam Loveless <adam.loveless@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Any Google engineers that can contact me off list? Seems our address space
> has been blacklisted by Google and we have to enter captchas for them now.

Is that the capture that happens in front of certain websites? I had that happen for two totally unrelated IP blocks. They eventually cleared within a day or two, but I think they’re having problems with the detection systems. The captcha also didn’t work right for the site I was trying to access (hackernews).
Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]

Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:08 PM, James Downs <egon@egon.cc> wrote:

> > On Jan 26, 2016, at 09:40, Adam Loveless <adam.loveless@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Any Google engineers that can contact me off list? Seems our address
> space
> > has been blacklisted by Google and we have to enter captchas for them
> now.
>
> Is that the capture that happens in front of certain websites? I had that
> happen for two totally unrelated IP blocks. They eventually cleared within
> a day or two, but I think they’re having problems with the detection
> systems. The captcha also didn’t work right for the site I was trying to
> access (hackernews).
>

> That is exactly the captcha we are getting. We are trying to go through
the official channels but seems hard to get to a human being.
Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
While it was as an home-user level, I also experienced the same issues for
the past few days, however those warning haven't appeared today.

If you do accomplish clearing yourself from blacklist, may you please give
feedback as to how (apart from this list) alternatively contact them?
I do remember a business I was giving service that had the same issues, and
I would like to know how to solve that next-time.

Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 12:08 PM, James Downs <egon@egon.cc> wrote:

> > On Jan 26, 2016, at 09:40, Adam Loveless <adam.loveless@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Any Google engineers that can contact me off list? Seems our address
> space
> > has been blacklisted by Google and we have to enter captchas for them
> now.

Blacklisting IP space is rare (blocks will expire), but sometimes if abuse
is seen from a broad range of IPs they can all be blocked (to handle
hosting providers that give customers lots of IPs).

Is that the capture that happens in front of certain websites? I had that
> happen for two totally unrelated IP blocks. They eventually cleared within
> a day or two, but I think they’re having problems with the detection
> systems.

The detection systems are working as intended.

The captcha also didn’t work right for the site I was trying to access
> (hackernews).

Please send details off-list including: URL, timestamp, source IP, observed
behavior, and anything unusual about your setup (like disabling cookies).

Damian
Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
On Thu 2023-09-14 19:33:42+0300 Pascal wrote:
> Anyone from Google who can assist setup BGP peering through SFMIX IX,
> kindly contact me off list.

I have contacts at google, and when I asked a similar question
earlier this year I was refereed to their peering page:

https://peering.google.com/#/options/peering

As I recall, it took us about 2 weeks.

Regards,
Robert

--
USC Information Sciences Institute <http://www.isi.edu/>
Networking and Cybersecurity Division
Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
Having trouble using the route servers?

Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
Thank Robert!

This is the way.

Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
More of receiving specifics via ISP that I don't wish to drop/filter
compared to aggregates via the router servers.

Re: Google Contact [ In reply to ]
https://www.peeringdb.com/net/433

Please read the notes in their PeeringDB entry. It lists instructions
on how to set that up.

Cheers,
Mike

--