Mailing List Archive

1 2 3  View All
Re: MAE-East still no generator [ In reply to ]
> Interesting enough, many fire departments won't allow roof mounted
> generators anymore because storing fuel along with it is considered
> hazardous. We had an awful time getting our 250 kw generator installed
> and ended up with it on the ground level next to the parking garage
> with an integral fuel storage tank; it was the easiest to get permitted.
>
> Also, if you have ever been to MAE-East, you might realize that one
> particular tenant that is effectively "sub-letted" in the facility

Eberything in the huge UUNET cage looked to be on DC...

> would probably have a slim to none chance of getting such a thing
> installed. I suspect the DC to AC inverters are best for folks to
> try, but it would have been nice if MFS had addressed the issue in
> a more effecient manner when the new facility was constructed.
>
> Ed Morin

Avi
Re: MAE-East still no generator [ In reply to ]
Trace makes wonderful stuff, but it is designed to be wall mounted,
not rack or cabinet mounted.

Of course, a completely PV exchange point with no connection to the
grid _at all_ would be pretty cool. Is there any marketing demand for
an environmentally-friendly NAP? :)

---Rob