Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com
Re: Resources regarding use of RFC 1597 addresses [ In reply to ]
You might want to poll the crowd over on the Firewalls List
[firewalls@GreatCircle.com].

- paul

Re: Resources regarding use of RFC 1597 addresses [ In reply to ]
> So, does anyone know of any resources on the net for building firewalls
> using RFC1597 addressing?

ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/proxynet.psf.gz describes my attempt. the code
that implements this is (a) unencumbered, (b) running in production at one
of my big customers, and (c) not particularly well documented or supported.

serious requests for the source code would be honoured, though.
Re: Resources regarding use of RFC 1597 addresses [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > So, does anyone know of any resources on the net for building firewalls
> > using RFC1597 addressing?
>
> ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/proxynet.psf.gz describes my attempt. the code
> that implements this is (a) unencumbered, (b) running in production at one
> of my big customers, and (c) not particularly well documented or supported.
>
> serious requests for the source code would be honoured, though.

Does it try to do auto-proxies, or must user behavior be modified as with
the TIS FWTK?

Thanks:)

--- David
It's *amazing* what one can accomplish when
one doesn't know what one can't do!
Re: Resources regarding use of RFC 1597 addresses [ In reply to ]
> > ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/proxynet.psf.gz describes my attempt. the code
> > that implements this is (a) unencumbered, (b) running in production at one
> > of my big customers, and (c) not particularly well documented or supported.
> >
> > serious requests for the source code would be honoured, though.
>
> Does it try to do auto-proxies, or must user behavior be modified as with
> the TIS FWTK?

Auto proxies are really hard. This is a link library. You need OS source
or you need to edit your shared libraries.