NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes!
Hi all -

Looks like the next NANOG dates have been changed and finalize (see note
below). The next NANOG is now scheduled for May 30-31.

See you there. More detailed logistics to follow....

Bill
------------------

-----
William Norton <wbn@merit.edu> (313) 936-2656
Re: NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes! [ In reply to ]

> Hi all -
>
> Looks like the next NANOG dates have been changed and finalize (see note
> below). The next NANOG is now scheduled for May 30-31.
>
> See you there. More detailed logistics to follow....
>
> Bill
> ------------------
> >Bill,
> >
> >Unfortunately I received word today from George Washington University
> >that the May 23-24 dates are wrong, and the correct dates are May 30-31.
> >
> >Apparently we had a major miscommunication! May 30-31 are absolutely
> >the correct dates and I hope that you will be able to communicate this
> >to the people in San Diego today. We will update our members.

A strong showing for our communities disregard for
US holidays! How many other nanog'ites have nothing
else to do on Memorial Day (real)?

--
--bill
Re: NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes! [ In reply to ]
Bill,

May 30-31 is not Memorial Day weekend. I actually think CIX chose the dates
they did to avoid the US holiday issues.

Brian

nanog@home.merit.edu

>> Hi all -
>>
>> Looks like the next NANOG dates have been changed and finalize (see note
>> below). The next NANOG is now scheduled for May 30-31.
>>
>> See you there. More detailed logistics to follow....
>>
>> Bill
>> ------------------
>> >Bill,
>> >
>> >Unfortunately I received word today from George Washington University
>> >that the May 23-24 dates are wrong, and the correct dates are May 30-31.
>> >
>> >Apparently we had a major miscommunication! May 30-31 are absolutely
>> >the correct dates and I hope that you will be able to communicate this
>> >to the people in San Diego today. We will update our members.
>
> A strong showing for our communities disregard for
> US holidays! How many other nanog'ites have nothing
> else to do on Memorial Day (real)?
>
>--
>--bill

Brian Brown
703-709-7500
bbrown@digex.net
Re: NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes! [ In reply to ]
At 07:51 AM 2/21/96 -0800, you wrote:

>> Hi all -
>>
>> Looks like the next NANOG dates have been changed and finalize (see note
>> below). The next NANOG is now scheduled for May 30-31.
>>
>> See you there. More detailed logistics to follow....
>>
>> Bill
>> ------------------
>> >Bill,
>> >
>> >Unfortunately I received word today from George Washington University
>> >that the May 23-24 dates are wrong, and the correct dates are May 30-31.
>> >
>> >Apparently we had a major miscommunication! May 30-31 are absolutely
>> >the correct dates and I hope that you will be able to communicate this
>> >to the people in San Diego today. We will update our members.
>
> A strong showing for our communities disregard for
> US holidays! How many other nanog'ites have nothing
> else to do on Memorial Day (real)?
>
>--
>--bill

My calendar for 1996 shows Monday, May 27 as Memorial Day.

Randy Benn
Re: NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes! [ In reply to ]
>> Hi all -
>>
>> Looks like the next NANOG dates have been changed and finalize (see note
>> below). The next NANOG is now scheduled for May 30-31.
>>
> A strong showing for our communities disregard for
> US holidays! How many other nanog'ites have nothing
> else to do on Memorial Day (real)?

That doesn't bother me as much as dates jumping around... Can the nanog webpages
be updated with a 'future nanog' page listing future dates and sites?

--Paul
Re: NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes! [ In reply to ]
The notes page for the last meeting does have the correct dates on it.

--
Stan | Academ Consulting Services |internet: sob@academ.com
Olan | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Re: NANOG Announce: CIX NANOG Date Changes! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 21 Feb 1996 bmanning@ISI.EDU wrote:

> A strong showing for our communities disregard for
> US holidays! How many other nanog'ites have nothing
> else to do on Memorial Day (real)?

Yes, I have seen that too, ie Presidents Day, and so close to
others. I would really like it if they were not closer than 2 weeks to
any holiday, please :)

Christian Nielsen
Vyzynz International Inc. cnielsen@vii.com,CN46,KB7HAP
Phone 801-568-0999 Fax 801-568-0953