https://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-ipv6-special-registry/iana-ipv6-special-registry.xhtml

Thanks,

Gabriel L. Terry
Re: v4 and v6 BOGON list [ In reply to ]
Hi Gabriel,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 at 15:02, Gabriel Terry <gterry@acentek.net> wrote:

> All,
>

> I was researching BOGON prefixes and found a reference from IANA listing special-purpose addresses, URLs listed below. Based on my understanding of the list I think I should be able to block all of the entries from my upstream peerings without affecting normal internet traffic.

You should look at the values in the globally reachable column. Some
of the entries should be globally reachable, barring your own local
policy. For instance, many networks want to allow access to the AS112
service.

Regards,

Leo
Re: v4 and v6 BOGON list [ In reply to ]
Hi Gabriel,

for v6 you may find the following helpful:

https://theinternetprotocolblog.wordpress.com/2020/01/15/some-notes-on-ipv6-bogon-filtering/

cheers

Enno

--
Enno Rey

Cell: +49 173 6745902
Twitter: @Enno_Insinuator
IPv6 Blog: https://theinternetprotocolblog.wordpress.com
Re: v4 and v6 BOGON list [ In reply to ]
bogons.cymru.com has been around as a BGP feed for a long long time.

https://www.team-cymru.com/bogon-networks

Re: v4 and v6 BOGON list [ In reply to ]
+1