reaching someone.

Kind regards,
Peter Potvin
Re: Peering Contact at AS16509 [ In reply to ]
We reached out some time ago using the contact on PeeringDB and had no issue, but the amount of transit consumed to get to 16509 is substantial enough to make responding worth their while.

Their minimum peering is 100G, with 400G preferred, so it’s very possible that if you’re not consuming anywhere close to 100G, the lack of response could correlate to a lack of interest on their side.

Re: Peering Contact at AS16509 [ In reply to ]
Meant to reply to this thread earlier today, but a contact from 16509
reached out directly and got everything squared away for us.

Re: Peering Contact at AS16509 [ In reply to ]
We reached out to them using peeringdb contacts and got the whole thing
setup in about 4 weeks. Two IX total about 5gbps peak traffic.

So your mileage may vary. FYI that min peering 100gbps I think is just for
PNI. They had no problems setting up sessions over the two IXs we share.

--
Zach Underwood (RHCE,RHCSA,RHCT,UACA)
My website <http://zachunderwood.me/>
Re: Peering Contact at AS16509 [ In reply to ]
Even if you don’t meet the port speed requirements for a PNI, there is
likely something that could work via an IX.