--
Richard Laager
Wikstrom Telephone Company
Re: Verizon Business Contact [ In reply to ]
For a good long while (months) we have had similar issues with various Verizon destinations.
I observed it only happens when passing through certain geographic regions of the US. Other regions make it through without issue.

This is directly observable and repeatable using Cogent's Looking glass website.
Do an IPv4 Trace to 63.59.67.68 using their US-Minneapollis router. It dies.
Do an IPv4 Trace to 63.59.67.68 using their US-Los Angeles router. It reaches the destination.

I went through a handful of Cogent's looking glass locations and found some that work and some that don't and concluded there must be one or more Verizon routers in a certain set geographic area that are having the problems.

Ultimately the issue is not resolved for me but I was able to BGP TE the traffic around the problem areas to facilitate reachability to the impacted destinations. This is obviously a tenuous band-aid.

Long story short: please, please, please, someone at Verizon or someone who has the ear of someone at Verizon, please, please, please, look into this.
<cue holo recording R2D2 plays of Princess Leia asking for help>